Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bad Day...

Blah.

I know horses have bad days and good days just like people but DANG bad days suck!!

Bubba did not want to work today. I think he might be a little bit tender-footed after his trim on Friday. My farrier is slowly putting some heel back on him so he's usually a little tender after a trim, just not usually this long.

Also, I think we've got a bear in the east woods. There were some wicked claw marks on a couple of the trees and spooky Bubba certainly smelled something. It's a tribute to his athleticism that he can walk in a straight line and look off in the woods at the same time.

Goofy animal.

I'm going to take him out tomorrow after I get home from work and just relax, walk and trot around, depending on how he's walking on his feet.

There is an NBHA this weekend in Marianna but I'm not sure if I'll be going or not. Brion wants to go back to Plant City and pick up some roofing materials for his SuperShed and to do that he needs the truck. It's also cheaper not to go but I would really like to get a run in before State in 4 weeks.

I might make some phone calls and see if I can get in an arena for the night and just make a run. I'm curious what would happen if I got aggressive going to the first barrel. I wonder if our rate will hold together.

I doubt it but it's worth a shot.

By the way, I'm 671 in Kissimmee! I can't wait to see my friends from back home. I miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment