Monday, March 9, 2009

Doin' the Walk Around

I just got back in from riding Bubba-horse. My lower back is very sore and tight so the plan for today was just to walk around and be calm, work on reverse arcs and always always giving his face and lifting his rib cage.

At first, he was too distracted to pay much attention. Everything was more interesting than me. Once I got his attention, he was much better. A little more amped than I like but he still listened. Occasionally, he'd start jigging sideways and that HURT my poor back. He really needed a good hard long trot to get some of that extra energy out but my back said no.

I did go back to his bit today and he was back to normal. Didn't hide his nose at all.

The whoa! work from Wednesday (before my flying lesson) paid off, at least at the walk. The first time I asked him to stop from the walk, his back feet tripped all over themselves trying to stop. LOL Good job Bubba-horse.

I ordered a "regulation" bonnet tie-down from L&W on Friday. I like the one that I made but it is a bear to adjust. They haven't charged my card yet but I'm hoping it comes in the mail soon. If Brion's parents weren't coming this weekend, I could go pick it up in person at Shamrock but... o well. I can't wait to give it a try.

I did lunge him in Harry's round pen to get him some kind of cardiovascular exercise. I'm hoping my back will be happy with me tomorrow and I'll try to get in a "real ride" on Tuesday after work. YAY Daylight Savings Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment