Friday, March 13, 2009

Southbound 129

Leaving work today at 4:30 so I can get home, pick up Brion and Bubba and head for Branford.

It's just a little jackpot put on by the local riding club but I am really starting to get nervous. I don't usually get nervous until the drag before mine but this time is different.

I've really been trying to be a more cerebral rider lately, to actively engage my brain and see exactly what I'm doing and how it's affecting my horse. I've noticed some bad hand habits and some bad feet habits that I've been really working on correcting. I guess I'm just nervous because I don't know if I CAN correct myself at a run. Slow work I'm pretty confident in my abilities. For some reason, all the "skills" that I have at walk, trot, lope stay at the gate.

Things to remember tonight...
Weight in stirrups, no fetal crouch
Hands up, drop outside rein, don't pull back
Be prepared for the turn because he might just actually turn.
Sit down! If you think you've sat down, do it again.

I hope I can remember to do some of these things or I am really going to be upset with myself.

Cross your fingers and your toes!

I remembered to charge the batteries in the camera so hopefully I'll come home with a video. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment