Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sad but Happy but Sad

I have the best vet in the world. I emailed him the link to my YouTube video from Friday (see below) and he got back to me wicked fast.

Remember how I was saying Bubba looked a little ouchy in the back, especially on the right? I hate it when I'm right.

From Doc...
"Looks like he is weak behind-especially RH-may be lame. I think we definitely need to see him."

So, Bubba has a hot date with Doc... again.... on Friday at 2:30. I hate it when I'm right sometimes.

In a way, this may be a good thing. I'm hoping it's something a little injection needle and some Lubrisyn/Adequan/something else will keep under control. I'm not sure what to expect and I'm not sure how I'm going to pay for this mess but I'll figure something out. Cross your fingers and your toes.

I wouldn't be so worried if he hadn't just been injected in October. He went an entire year before and didn't seem to really need it when his year anniversary rolled around.

I don't know.

I also wonder if riding him on Harry's pasture has something to do with it. At home, I rode in the sand pit arena. It kept him really fit and was also probably easier on his joints. I'll have to ask Doc if he thinks that's a factor.

Blah. This sucks.

I haven't even gotten to ride at all this week yet. Yesterday was rainy and nasty and today the truck is in the shop so I can't haul over to Harry's. Hopefully tomorrow and Thursday will go well and I'll get to ride.

I'm going to go eat chocolate.

1 comment: